Fort Benning is a sportsman’s paradise. We maximize hunting and fishing opportunities for our Soldiers, family members, DoD civilians and guests. If you intend to hunt or fish on the installation, please read the regulations and obtain the proper licenses. To rent a boat at Outdoor Recreation’s Equipment Resource Center, you must have a current Boater Safety Card. Take the course here and bring your certificate at the time of rental.
Hunting Fishing and Recreation Open House – August 21 5pm-8pm
Raffle Tickets: $2.50/ticket on sale at Outdoor Recreation
1st Prize – $500 Gift Card from Cabela’s
2nd Prize – Treestand
3rd Prize – 3 x 9 x 40 Riflescope and Soft Rifle Case
4th Prize – GPS Unit
5th Prize – Digital Trail Game Camera
6th Prize – Binoculars
7th Prize – Safety Harness
8th Prize – Rod and Reel
Door prizes will be given throughout the evening and enjoy dinner on us!
Purchase 2014 Hunting & Fishing Maps, learn about the new weapons regulation and the changes to the hunting /fishing regulations.
For more information, contact 706-545-7978.
Who is authorized to hunt or fish on the installation?
- U.S. military active duty and retired personnel
- Veterans with a service connected disability of not less than 30 percent
- Medal of Honor recipients
- Current or retired full-time Department of Defense civilian employees
- Federal civilian employees working full-time or equivalent status on Fort Benning and retired federal civilian employees who were employed at Fort Benning immediately prior to retirement
- National Guardsmen and Reservists on active status
- Surviving spouses of military personnel who possess a valid dependent ID
- Foreign military personnel assigned to Fort Benning
- Primary dependents of sponsors
- Guests, provided they obtain a Fort Benning guest permit. Anyone who is 18 years or older may sponsor up to three guests per day to hunt or fish on Fort Benning. There is no limit to the number of guests an individual may sponsor in a year, but no more than three one time.
Personnel authorized to hunt and fish on Fort Benning and who possess a valid state license may purchase hunting and fishing permits. Permits will expire 15 June of each year, regardless of when they are purchased. New permits and harvest cards will be available for purchase on 16 May of each year. Fort Benning permits are available at the DFMWR Equipment Resource Center, Building 1707, at the Country Store at Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina or the Recreational Shooting Complex.
To purchase a hunting or fishing permit click here.
- Hunting and Fishing Map
- Hunting and Fishing FAQs
- Official Fort Benning Hunting and Fishing Information
- Fort Benning Open Areas
- Hunting and Fishing Fees
- Physical Security of Privately Owned Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives Regulation
- Hunter Education Course Information
- Hunting, Fishing, and Recreation Regulation
Hours & Contact Information
|Address||Building 1707, Gillespie Street (view on map)|
Tuesday through Thursday: 9am-5pm
Friday: 8am-6pm, Saturday: 8am-1pm
Closed Sunday and holidays
|Contact the Outdoor Recreation manager|